Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) (HP2018)
Author(s): Patsy Barnes, RN, BA
Pre-Approved for: ACM, CA BRN, CCM, CDMS, CLCP, COHN/COHN-S, COPS-KT, CRC, CRRN, Delaware BON, Florida BON, RNs
Credit Hours: 2
This course is online. All course material is available online and is accessible immediately after purchase from your account homepage.
Updated for 2018. This course discusses HIPAA, including the privacy and security rules, and the exemption for Workers' Compensation. We will also address changes in 2017, particularly the focus of the Office of Civil Rights for 2017 and special circumstances involving HIPAA. These will include HIV, LGBT communities, cloud computing, and the opioid epidemic.
- Describe HIPAA and its components
- List those entities that have to follow HIPAA
- State the one exception to HIPAA requirements
- Name those who are considered business associates under HIPAA
- State the two objectives for 2017 for the Office of Civil Rights as it relates to HIPAA
- Discuss special situations relating to HIPAA, including HIV, LGBT communities, cloud computing, and the opioid epidemic.
- HIPAA - Privacy and Security Rules
- Changes to HIPAA
- Questions and Answers about HIPAA & Workers' Compensation
- Special Considerations Under HIPAA