2018 Cultural Competency (CU2018)
Author(s): Patsy Barnes, RN, BA
Pre-Approved for: ACM, CA BRN, CCAPP, CCM, CDMS, CLCP, COHN/COHN-S, COPS-KT, CRC, CRRN, CVRP, Delaware BON, Florida BON, MCBAP-R, MSCC, NAADAC, RNs, RRP
Credit Hours: 2
This course is online. All course material is available online and is accessible immediately after purchase from your account homepage.
The following course will outline cultural diversity and
competency and how to translate a better understanding of cultural diversity
into your daily practice. This course will review cultural respect, cultural
competence, health disparities, health-related experience, complementary
approaches, patient-centered care, trans-cultural communication, and
skilled-centered approaches to care.
- Define culture and cultural respect.
- Compare and contrast CAM and traditional medicine.
- List the characteristics of a culturally respectful clinician.
- Recognize differences that affect healthcare disparities.
- Describe how cultural insights impacts patient care.
- Describe how culture impacts approach to healthcare.
- State the steps in the process of cultural competency and practice those steps while reviewing several case studies.
- Section 1 - Overview and Introduction
- Section 2 - Cultural Respect and Competence
- Section 3 - Health Disparity
- Section 4 - Understanding Health-Related Experiences
- Section 5 - Cultural Insights
- Section 6 - Patient-Centered Care
- Section 7 - Review of Cultural Fundamentals with Several Case Studies.