Clinical Practice Guidelines for Rehabilitation for Individuals with Lower Limb Amputation (NA1847)
Author(s): Department of Veterans Affairs - Department of Defense
Pre-Approved for: CA BRN, CCM, CDMS, CE Broker Provider, CLCP, COHN/COHN-S, CRC, CRRN, CVRP, Delaware BON, VRA-Canada
Credit Hours: 8
***Please Note*** Due to recent changes by CCMC regarding how they assign CE hours for self-study coursework,
many courses will renew at reduced credit for CCMs.
CEU hours will remain the same for all non-CCM certificates.
CCM Renewal Date for this course is: 7/19/2021
This course is online. All course material is available online and is accessible immediately after purchase from your account homepage. Certificate of Completion is available immediately upon passing the exam.
This course is the Department of Veterans Affairs and Department of Defense’s Clinical Practice Guideline for Rehabilitation of Individuals with Lower Limb Amputation.
This CPG is intended to provide healthcare providers with a framework by which to evaluate, treat, and manage the individual needs and preferences of patients with lower limb amputation (LLA), thereby leading to improved clinical outcomes.
- Assess the patient's condition and in collaboration with the patient, determine the most appropriate rehabilitation plan
- Optimize each individual's functional independence, health outcomes, and quality of life
- Minimize preventable complications and morbidity
- Emphasize the use of patient-centered care
- I. Introduction
- II. Recommendations
- III. Background
- IV. About this Clinical Practice Guideline
- V. Guideline Work Group
- VI. Algorithm
- VII. Discussion of Recommendations
- VIII. Knowledge Gaps and Recommended Research
- Appendix A: Evidence Review Methodology
- Appendix B: Evidence Table
- Appendix C: 2007 Recommendation Categorization Table
- Appendix D: Participant List
- Appendix E: Patient Focus Group Methods and Findings
- Appendix F: Literature Review Search terms and Strategy
- Appendix G: Abbreviation List