Multiple Sclerosis (MS) (NA1960)
Author(s): Patsy Barnes, RN, BA
Pre-Approved for: CA BRN, CCM, CDMS, CE Broker Provider, CLCP, CNLCP, COHN/COHN-S, CRC, CRRN, CVRP, Delaware BON, MSCC, RNs, VRA-Canada
Credit Hours: 6
***Please Note*** Due to recent changes by CCMC regarding how they assign CE hours for self-study coursework,
many courses will renew at reduced credit for CCMs.
CEU hours will remain the same for all non-CCM certificates.
CCM Renewal Date for this course is: 2/14/2021
This course is online. All course material is available online and is accessible immediately after purchase from your account homepage. Certificate of Completion is available immediately upon passing the exam.
In this course we will present multiple sclerosis (MS). We will focus on diagnosis and then discuss treatment options including traditional and complementary and alternative medicines (CAM). We will discuss the different types of MS. There is also a section reviewing the different myths regarding the disease. Living and dying with MS is included in the overall discussion with an emphasis on how to manage symptoms and improve quality of life. There are recommendations for end of life care for patients with MS. We will also touch on the American with Disabilities Act (ADA) as it pertains to MS as well as disability benefits for those with MS.
- Explain the disease process of Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Present the diagnosis and treatment options available, including both traditional and complementary and alternative medicine (CAM)
- List the emotional disorders associated with Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Discuss living with the disease and ways to manage common symptoms
- Explain the complications surrounding end of life care for those with the disease
- Discuss how the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and disability system pertain to those with Multiple Sclerosis
- Overview of Multiple Sclerosis
- Pediatric Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Emotional Disorders in Multiple Sclerosis
- Myths Regarding Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- African American and Veterans Populations
- Diagnosis and Treatment of the Disease Including Traditional and Complementary and Alternative Medicine (CAM)
- Living and Dying with Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Caregiving for Patients With Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Complications of Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- End of Life Care For Patients With Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Disability Benefit Considerations and American With Disabilities Act For Patients With Multiple Sclerosis (MS)