2016 URAC Cultural Competency (CC2016)
Author(s): Claudia Moore RN, QPCM, CCM
Pre-Approved for: ACM, CRRN, Florida BON, RNs
Credit Hours: 2
This course is online. All course material is available online and is accessible immediately after purchase from your account homepage.
- Discuss the need for cultural competence as identified in the:
1. CRC Code of Professional Ethics
2. CDMS Code of Professional Conduct., and the
3. CCMC Code of Professional Conduct
- Describe factors that affect a healthcare professional's ability to provide culturally sensitive care
- Explain why a key component of cultural competence is to examine one's own beliefs in terms of culture and explain why self-assessment tools can help healthcare professionals learn about their own assumptions, biases, and stereotypes.
- Describe the 5 constructs of Camphinha-Bacote's Culturally Competent Model of Care
- Explain the Purnell Model for Cultural Competence.
- Discuss specific transcultural communication techniques.
- Principles of Cultural Competence
- The Importance of Self-Awareness
- Models for Becoming Culturally Aware
- Understanding Health-Related Experience
- Delivering Patient-Centered Care
- Balancing Knowledge-Centered and Skill-Centered Approaches