An Ethics Framework for Case Managers, Rehab Counselors and Disability Managers (ET2017)
Author(s): Patsy Barnes RN
Pre-Approved for: ACM, CA BRN, CCM, CDMS, CLCP, CNLCP, COHN/COHN-S, CRC, CVRP, Delaware BON, Florida BON, MSCC, RNs, RRP
Credit Hours: 2
This class will familiarize the students with basic ethical principles and theories, presenting a six-step guide to ethical decision making for addressing such issues.
- Describe the four major ethical principles and major ethical theories.
- List the six steps in the ethical decision making model.
- Contrast moral, ethical and legal principles
- Reference how the particular Ethical Code of Conduct guides the practioner in ethical dilemmas about diversity, conflict of interest, boundary issues and discrimination.
- State the responsibility of the CDMS, CRC and CCM in those various ethical dilemmas.
This class will familiarize the students with basic ethical principles and theories, presenting a six-step guide to ethical decision making for addressing such issues. It will also present the Ethical Codes of Conduct for CDMS, CRC, and CCM clinicians regarding common ethical dilemmas for those particular areas of practice.This course is CCM, CRC, CDMS, CLCP, CVRP, MSCC and RRP ETHICS CREDIT APPROVED. The CCMC Code of Professional Conduct will be referenced in this presentation.
- Ethics Framework
- Conflicts of Interest
- Boundary Issues
- Privacy and Confidentiality
- Discrimination and Bias