This course is online. All course material is available online and is accessible immediately after purchase from your account homepage.
This course presents communication skills necessary for case management. We will present the obstacles to effective communication and the strategies you can employ to overcome them.
1. Communicating with Physicians
2. Timing the Initial Physician Contact
B. Practical Steps to a Win-Win Relationship Between Case Managers and Physicians
C. Maintaining Communications with Patients and Families
D. The Patient Communication chain of Command
1. When the Family Becomes a Patient
2. The Questions of Confidentiality and the Question of Cost
3. Documenting the Patient Contact
E. Communications with Payer Sources
F. Communications with Legal Professionals
G. Communication Subtleties
1. The Right Mindset
2. Communication and Caring Overload: Burnout