Back Pain Fundamentals (NA1730)
Author(s): Patsy Barnes, RN, BA
Pre-Approved for: ABVE, ACM, CA BRN, CCM, CDMS, CLCP, CNLCP, COHN/COHN-S, COPS-KT, CRC, CVE, CVRP, Delaware BON, Florida BON, MSCC, RNs, RRP
Credit Hours: 6
In this course we will discuss basic anatomy of the back whilst presenting the student with an overview of the common causes of back pain and injury. We will then review commonly found treatments, both conventional and complementary & alternative medicine (CAM).
This course is online. All course material is available online and is accessible immediately after purchase from your account homepage.
- List the basic structures of the back, common causes and risk factors of back pain.
- List common treatments, both conventional and complementary and alternative medicine (CAM).
- Describe the disease and diagnosis of spinal stenosis as well as identifying treatments, both conventional and CAM.
- Compare and contrast chiropractic treatment for back pain.
- Detail risk factors in the workplace for back pain and some ergonomic ways to prevent such injuries.
- Relate how the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) covers those with back pain and accommodations that can be made for compliance.
In this course we will discuss basic anatomy of the
back whilst presenting the student with an overview of the common causes of
back pain and injury. We will then review commonly found treatments, both
conventional and complementary & alternative medicine (CAM). This course
also covers back injuries under the American with Disabilities Act, including
standard accommodations. We will also introduce several preventative methods
for back injuries and pain.
Section 1 – Overview of Back Pain
Section 2 – Back Pain Treatment
Section 3 – Spinal Stenosis: Questions and Answers
Section 4 – Chiropractic Treatment
Section 5 – Medication for Back Pain
Section 6 – Risk Factors in the Workplace
Section 7 – Americans with Disabilities Act