Traumatic Brain Injury: Symptoms, Signs, and Cognitive Issues (NA1780)
Pre-Approved for: ACM, CA BRN, CCM, CDMS, CLCP, COPS-KT, CRC, CVRP, Delaware BON, Florida BON, GA-SBWC, MSCC, RRP
Credit Hours: 4
This course is online. All course material is available online and is accessible immediately after purchase from your account homepage.
The following course provides an introduction to traumatic brain injury. We will explore traumatic brain injury, reviewing signs, symptoms, types, and complications. This course is organized into two parts. The first part focuses on cognitive and communication disorders resulting from Traumatic Brain Injury. The second part provides a window into the types of research conducted, introducing a variety of resources for the student to reference.
- Explain the signs, symptoms, and post-injury complications of Traumatic Brain Injury
- Identify the risk factors for Traumatic Brain Injury
- Understand the Glasgow Coma Scale and it applicability to Traumatic Brain Injury
- Explain the resulting disabilities from Traumatic Brain Injury
- Describe the cognitive and communication problems that result from Traumatic Brain Injury
- Describe how cognitive and communication problems are assessed and treated
- Part 1: Traumatic Brain Injury: Cognitive and Communication Disorders
1.) What Is Traumatic Brain Injury?
2.) Who Suffers From Head Trauma?
3.) What Are the Cognitive and Communication Problems That Result From Traumatic Brain Injury?
4.) How Are the Cognitive and Communication Problems Assessed?
5.) How Are the Cognitive and Communication Problems Treated?
6.) What Research Is Being Done?
7.) Where Can I Get Additional Information?
- Part 2: Traumatic Brain Injury: Hope Through Research
2.) What is a Traumatic Brain Injury?
3.) What Are the Signs and Symptoms of TBI?
4.) What Are the Causes of and Risk Factors for TBI?
5.) What Are the Different Types of TBI?
6.) What Medical Care Should a TBI Patient Receive?
7.) How Does a TBI Affect Consciousness?
8.) What Immediate Post-Injury Complications Can Occur From a TBI?
9.) What Disabilities Can Result From a TBI?
10.) Are There Other Long-Term Problems Associated With a TBI?
11.) What Kinds of Rehabilitation Should a TBI Patient Receive?
12.) How Can TBI be Prevented?
13.) What Research is the NINDS Conducting?
14.) Where Can I Find More Information?
16.) Information Resources