2018 Ethics Framework for Case Managers, Rehab Counselors, and Disability Managers (ET2018)
Author(s): Patsy Barnes, RN, BA
Pre-Approved for: ABVE, ACM, CCAPP, CE Broker Provider, Delaware BON, MSCC, NAADAC, RNs
Credit Hours: 2
This course is online. All course material is available online and is accessible immediately after purchase from your account homepage. Certificate of Completion is available immediately upon passing the exam.
CCM, CRC, CDMS, CLCP, CVRP, MSCC and RRP ETHICS CREDIT APPROVED. The CCMC Code of Professional Conduct will be referenced in this presentation.
This course familiarizes the students with basic ethical principles and theories which include ethical considerations such as veracity, fidelity, slippery-slope, and double effect. A six-step guide to ethical decision making for addressing such issues is presented for the student to incorporate into their daily practice. We will also present a case study to further the students understanding of the concepts discussed throughout the course. The Codes of Conduct for CDMS, CRC, and CCM will be presented with emphasis on common ethical dilemmas for those particular professions.
- Describe the four major ethical principles and major ethical theories.
- Present ethical considerations including veracity, fidelity, slippery slope, and double effect.
- List the six steps in the ethical decision making model and practice those six steps using the case study provided.
- Contrast moral, ethical, and legal principles
- Reference how the particular Ethical Code of Conduct guides the CRC, CDMS, and CCM in ethical dilemmas about diversity, conflict of interest, boundary issues and discrimination.
- State the responsibility of the CDMS, CRC and CCM in those various ethical dilemmas.
- Ethics Framework
- Conflicts of Interest
- Boundary Issues
- Privacy and Confidentiality
- Discrimination and Bias