Florida Laws & Rules of the Board of Nursing (FL2014)
Author(s): Patsy Barnes, RN, BA
Pre-Approved for: CA BRN, CE Broker Provider
Credit Hours: 2
This course is online. All course material is available online and is accessible immediately after purchase from your account homepage. Certificate of Completion is available immediately upon passing the exam.
This course review the Florida Nurse Practice Act, focusing on specific laws and rules related to the practice of nursing and nurse assisting.
- Describe the legislative purpose for the Nurse Practice Act.
- Verbalize specific laws and rules related to the practice of nursing and nursing assisting.
- Identify the pertinent levels of nursing practice in the State and the general scope of practice of each.
- Discuss the general requirements for continuing licensure in the State.
- Differentiate between ethical and legal practice.
- Discuss the process for discipline related to nursing practice.
- Create a professional plan for career maintenance and development within the limits of the law.
- LICENSING, RENEWAL PROCESS AND REQUIREMENTS
- DISCIPLINARY ACTIONS AND PROCESS
- KNOWLEDGE OF BIOMEDICAL ETHICS, ETHICAL PRACTICE AND LEGAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Codes of ethics
- ANA CODE OF ETHICS OVERVIEW