Clinical Practice Guidelines for Diagnosis and Treatment of Low Back Pain (NA1840)
Author(s): Department of Veterans Affairs - Department of Defense
Pre-Approved for: CA BRN, CCM, CDMS, CE Broker Provider, COPS-KT, CRC, Delaware BON, MSCC
Credit Hours: 8
***Please Note*** Due to recent changes by CCMC regarding how they assign CE hours for self-study coursework,
many courses will renew at reduced credit for CCMs.
CEU hours will remain the same for all non-CCM certificates.
This course is online. All course material is available online and is accessible immediately after purchase from your account homepage. Certificate of Completion is available immediately upon passing the exam.
This course is the Department of Veterans Affairs and the Department of Defense’s Clinical Practice Guideline for Diagnosis and Treatment of Low Back Pain. This CPG is a systematic review intended to provide a structure that properly evaluates and treats patients with low back pain, thereby leading to improved clinical outcomes.
- Assess the patient's condition and determine, in collaboration with the patient, the best treatment method.
- Optimize each individual's health outcomes and improve quality of life
- Minimize preventable complications and morbidity
- Emphasize the use of patient-centered care
- I. Introduction
- II. Recommendations
- III. Background
- IV. About this Clinical Practice Guideline
- V. Guideline Work Group
- VI. Algorithm
- VII. Discussion of Recommendations
- VIII. Knowledge Gaps and Recommended Research
- Appendix A: Evidence Review Methodology
- Appendix B: Dosing for Select Pharmacologic Agents
- Appendix C: Evidence Table
- Appendix D: Glossary
- Appendix E: 2007 Recommendation Categorization Table
- Appendix F: Participant List
- Appendix G: Patient Focus Group Methods and Findings
- Appendix H: Literature Review Search Terms and Strategy
- Appendix I: Abbreviation List