Clinical Practice Guidelines for the Management of Stroke Rehabilitation (NA1843)
Author(s): Department of Veterans Affairs - Department of Defense
Pre-Approved for: CA BRN, CCM, CE Broker Provider, CLCP, COPS-KT, CRC, Delaware BON, RNs, VRA-Canada
Credit Hours: 12
***Please Note*** Due to recent changes by CCMC regarding how they assign CE hours for self-study coursework,
many courses will renew at reduced credit for CCMs.
CEU hours will remain the same for all non-CCM certificates.
This course is online. All course material is available online and is accessible immediately after purchase from your account homepage. Certificate of Completion is available immediately upon passing the exam.
This course is the Department of Veterans Affairs and Department of Defense’s Clinical Practice Guideline for the Management of Stroke Rehabilitation.
This guideline was developed to assist facilities to implement processes of care that are evidence-based and designed to achieve maximum functionality and independence as well as improve patient and family quality of life. To facilities lacking an organized RBU, it will provide a structured approach to stroke care and assure that those who experience a stroke will have access to comparable care, regardless of geographic location.
- Functional status (including activities of daily living [ADL] and instrumental activities of daily living [IADL])
- Community dwelling status
- I. Introduction
- II. Guideline Update Working Group Participants
- III. Key Points
- IV. Outcome Measures
- V. Algorithm
- VI. Annotations
- VII. Rehabilitation Interventions
- Appendix A: Guideline Development Process
- Appendix B: Standard Instruments for Post-Stroke Assessment
- Appendix C: Acronym List
- Appendix D: Participant List
- Appendix E: Bibliography