Clinical Practice Guidelines for the Management of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and Acute Stress Disorder (NA1844)
Author(s): Department of Veterans Affairs - Department of Defense
Pre-Approved for: CA BRN, CCAPP, CCM, CDMS, CE Broker Provider, CRC, CRRN, CVRP, Delaware BON, MCBAP-Related, NAADAC, VRA-Canada
Credit Hours: 16
***Please Note*** Due to recent changes by CCMC regarding how they assign CE hours for self-study coursework,
many courses will renew at reduced credit for CCMs.
CEU hours will remain the same for all non-CCM certificates.
This course is online. All course material is available online and is accessible immediately after purchase from your account homepage. Certificate of Completion is available immediately upon passing the exam.
This course is the Department of Veterans Affairs and Department of Defense’s Clinical Practice Guideline for the Management of Posttraumatic Stress Disorder and Acute Stress Disorder.
This CPG is intended to provide healthcare providers with a framework by which to evaluate, treat, and manage the individual needs and preferences of patients with posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and acute stress disorder (ASD), thereby leading to improved clinical outcomes.****CCAPP STUDENTS - PLEASE READ
- Please note any course over 8 CEUs/Contact Hours/Hours, must be completed over a 72 hour (or more) time period. Your course start date is the date of purchase, and your completion date is when you have passed your test. For example, 'Completed 7/1/2021 - 7/6/2021'
- Enhance assessment of the patient's condition and determine the best treatment method in collaboration with the patient and, when possible and desired, the patient's family and caregivers
- Optimize the patient's health outcomes and improve quality of life
- Minimize preventable complications and morbidity
- Emphasize the use of patient-centered care
- I. Introduction
- II. Background
- III. About this Clinical Practice Guideline
- IV. Guideline Work Group
- V. Algorithm
- VI. Recommendations
- VII. Knowledge Gaps and Recommended Research
- Appendix A: Evidence Review Methodology
- Appendix B: Patient Focus Group Methods and Findings
- Appendix C: Pharmacotherapy Dosing Table
- Appendix D: Evidence Table
- Appendix E: 2010 Recommendation Categorization Table
- Appendix F: Participant List
- Appendix G: Literature Review Search Terms and Strategy