Domestic Violence for Florida Nurses (FL2021)
Author(s): Patsy Barnes, RN, BA
Pre-Approved for: ACM, CA BRN, CE Broker Provider, Delaware BON
Credit Hours: 2
This course is online. All course material is available online and is accessible immediately after purchase from your account homepage. Certificate of Completion is available immediately upon passing the exam.
- Define domestic violence, kinds of domestic violence, makeup of perpetrator and victim.
- Be familiar with the statistics of Florida domestic violence, as well as national statistics.
- Understand the mandated reporting in the state of Florida including children, vulnerable adults and adults in general.
- Be aware of the resources in the state of Florida for referrals for victims of domestic violence
- Describe the Healthcare implications of domestic violence including the costs to society and the healthcare system itself.
- Be familiar with some screening tools used for victims and perpetrators of domestic violence.
- Introduction and Definitions
- Types of Abuse
- Reporting and resources
- Screening for Domestic Violence
- Domestic Violence Statistics