Florida Laws & Rules of the Board of Nursing (FL2024)
Author(s): Patsy Barnes, RN, BA
Pre-Approved for: CA BRN, CE Broker Provider
Credit Hours: 2
This course is online. All course material is available online and is accessible immediately after purchase from your account homepage. Certificate of Completion is available immediately upon passing the exam.
- Describe the legislative purpose for the Nurse Practice Act.
- Verbalize specific laws and rules related to the practice of nursing and nursing assisting.
- Identify the pertinent levels of nursing practice in the State and the general scope of practice of each.
- Discuss the general requirements for continuing licensure in the State.
- Differentiate between ethical and legal practice.
- Discuss the process for discipline related to nursing practice.
- Create a professional plan for career maintenance and development within the limits of the law.
- LICENSING, RENEWAL PROCESS AND REQUIREMENTS
- DISCIPLINARY ACTIONS AND PROCESS
- KNOWLEDGE OF BIOMEDICAL ETHICS, ETHICAL PRACTICE AND LEGAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Codes of ethics
- ANA CODE OF ETHICS OVERVIEW