Conflict of Interest: Ethical Dilemmas (NA1747)
Author(s): Patsy Barnes, RN, BA
Pre-Approved for: ABVE, ACM, CA BRN, CCAPP, CCM, CDMS, CE Broker Provider, CLCP, CNLCP, CRCC, CRRN, CVE, CVRP, MSCC, NAADAC, RNs, VRA-Canada
Credit Hours: 8
This course is online. All course material is available online and is accessible immediately after purchase from your account homepage. Certificate of Completion is available immediately upon passing the exam.
- Define conflict of interest.
- Explain the ethical principles and theories involved in conflict of interest and an ethical decision making method to deal with such problems.
- Discuss the particular difficulty of gifting as it relates to conflict of interest.
- List ways of preventing conflict of interests in your daily practice.
- Compare best practices in dealing with conflicts of interest as they arise and ways of preventing such dilemmas.
- Explain the special difficulties involved in conflicts of interest and research
- Compare the conflict of interest recommendations in each of the professional codes of conduct for CRCC, CDMS, Nursing, CCMC and addiction professionals.
- Introduction to Conflict of Interest
- The Ethical Dilemma of Conflict of Interest
- Relationship to Codes of Conduct for Each Discipline
- Moral Psychology of Conflicts of Interest
- Case Studies - Conflict of Interest
- Gift Giving
- Case Studies - Gift Giving
- Management of Conflicts of Interest
- Toolkit for Best Practices of Conflict of Interest
- Conflicts of Interest in Research