Dual Relationships: Boundaries (NA1944)
Author(s): Patsy Barnes, RN, BA
Pre-Approved for: ACM, CA BRN, CCAPP, CCM, CDMS, CE Broker Provider, CLCP, CNLCP, CRC, CRRN, CVRP, Delaware BON, MCBAP-Related, MSCC, NAADAC, RNs, VRA-Canada
Credit Hours: 4
This course is online. All course material is available online and is accessible immediately after purchase from your account homepage. Certificate of Completion is available immediately upon passing the exam.
- Explain what a boundary is in both one's personal and professional life.
- List the types of dual relationships and their implications in the healthcare professions.
- Present an ethical framework for managing dual relationships.
- Discuss the inevitability of dual relationships in small and rural communities and ways to manage those unavoidable situations.
- List various methods of managing boundaries.
- Provide the information in the Code of Conduct as it relates to boundaries and dual relationships.
- Boundaries - Personal and Professional
- Dual Relationships - Benefits and Burdens
- Ethical decision making framework for managing dual relationships
- Dual relationships in small communities and rural settings.
- Codes of Conduct - Guidance on boundaries and dual relationships
- Case Studies