Depression: The Facts, The Myths, The Issues (SW1023)
Author(s): US Dept of Health & Human Services
Pre-Approved for: ACM, CA BRN, CLCP, CNLCP, COPS-KT, Delaware BON, RNs
Credit Hours: 4
In this course, we will discuss depression. We will present the different types of depression, the symptoms, causes, diagnosis, and treatment.
This course is online. All course material is available online and is accessible immediately after purchase from your account homepage.
- Understand the term "Depressive Disorder"
- Explain different types of depression
- List the symptoms of depression vs. mania
- Describe the causes, diagnosis, and treatment of depression
- Understand ways in which to offer aid to a depressed person
- What is a Depressive Disorder?
- Types of Depression
- Symptoms of Depression and Mania
- Causes of Depression
- Depression in Women
- Depression in Men
- Depression in the Elderly
- Depression in Children
- Diagnostic Evaluation and Treatment Psychotherapies
- Depression and Other Illnesses
- How to Help Yourself If You are Depressed
- Where to Get Help
- Links and Resources