Clinical Guidelines for Assessment and Management of Patients at Risk of Suicide (NA1740)
Author(s): Department of Veterans Affairs - Department of Defense
Pre-Approved for: ACM, CCAPP, CCM, CE Broker Provider, CLCP, CNLCP, COHN/COHN-S, CRCC, CRRN, CVE, CVRP, Delaware BON, FCB, NAADAC, RNs, VRA-Canada
Credit Hours: 18
CCM Credit Hours: 8
This course is online. All course material is available online and is accessible immediately after purchase from your account homepage. Certificate of Completion is available immediately upon passing the exam.
****CCAPP STUDENTS - PLEASE READ
- Please note any course over 8 CEUs/Contact Hours/Hours, must be completed over a 72 hour (or more) time period. Your course start date is the date of purchase, and your completion date is when you have passed your test. For example, 'Completed 7/1/2021 - 7/6/2021'
- To promote evidence-based management of patients presenting with Suicidal Self-Directed Violence behavior
- To promote efficient and effective assessment of patients' risks
- To identify efficacious intervention to prevent death in individuals presenting with Suicidal Self Directed Violence behavior
- To identify the critical decision points in management of patients at risk for Suicidal Self-Directed Violence
- To promote evidence-based management of individuals with (post-deployment) health concerns and behaviors related to Suicidal Self-Directed Violence
- To inform local policies or procedures, such as those regarding referrals to or consultation with specialists
- To motivate administrators at each of the Federal agencies and patient care access sites to develop innovative plans to break down barriers that may prevent patients from having prompt access to appropriate assessment and care.
- Introduction and Background
A. Assessment and Management of Risk for Suicide in Primary Care
B. Evaluation and Management of Risk for Suicide by Behavioral Health Professionals
C. Management of Patient at High Acute Risk for Suicide
- Module A: Assessment and Determination of Risk for Suicide
- Module B: Initial Management of Patient at Risk for Suicide
- Module C: Treatment of the Patient at Risk for Suicide
- Module D: Follow-up and Monitoring of Patient at Risk for Suicide