Clinical Practice Guidelines for the Management of Substance Use Disorders (NA1742)
Author(s): Department of Veterans Affairs - Department of Defense
Pre-Approved for: ACM, CA BRN, CCAPP, CCM, CE Broker Provider, CLCP, CNLCP, CRCC, CRRN, CVRP, Delaware BON, MCBAP-Specific , MSCC, NAADAC, RNs
Credit Hours: 14
CCM Credit Hours: 7
This course is online. All course material is available online and is accessible immediately after purchase from your account homepage. Certificate of Completion is available immediately upon passing the exam.
This course is a detailed review and examination of the Department of Defense and Department of Veterans Affairs clinical practice reference guidelines for the management of Substance Use Disorders. This guideline is designed to provide objective, evidence-based information on the management of SUD. It is intended to assist healthcare providers in all aspects of patient care, including, but not limited to, diagnosis, treatment, and follow-up.
Please read the article linked below in order to take the test.****CCAPP STUDENTS - PLEASE READ
- Please note any course over 8 CEUs/Contact Hours/Hours, must be completed over a 72 hour (or more) time period. Your course start date is the date of purchase, and your completion date is when you have passed your test. For example, 'Completed 7/1/2022 - 7/6/2022'
- Assess the patient's condition and determine in collaboration with the patient the best treatment method.
- Optimize each individual's recovery to decrease or eliminate consumption, improve health and wellness, live a self-directed life, and strive to reach his or her full potential.
- Minimize preventable complications and morbidity.
- Emphasize the use of patient-centered care.
- Introduction and Background
- About the Clinical Practice Guideline
- Knowledge Gaps and Recommended Research
- Evidence Review Methodology
- Pharmacotherapy for Alcohol Use Disorder and Substance Use Disorder
- Psychosocial Interventions
- Evidence Table
- Additional Appendices and References