Hearing Loss in Children, The Elderly, and Veterans (NA2035)
Author(s): Patsy Barnes, RN, BA
Pre-Approved for: ACM, CA BRN, CCM, CDMS, CE Broker Provider, CLCP, CNLCP, COHN/COHN-S, CRCC, CRRN, CVRP, Delaware BON, MSCC, RNs, VRA-Canada
Credit Hours: 6
CCM Credit Hours: 4
This course is online. All course material is available online and is accessible immediately after purchase from your account homepage. Certificate of Completion is available immediately upon passing the exam.
- Discuss causes of hearing loss in children and treatments available.
- State the causes and treatments of hearing loss in old age.
- Present the connection between age related hearing loss and dementia.
- List causes and treatments for veterans with hearing loss.
- Explain process for veterans to apply for assistance with hearing loss.
- Describe how ethnicity may influence some forms of hearing loss as presented in the first ever study of hearing loss in the Hispanic/ Latino and African American population.
- Overview of hearing loss
- Hearing loss in children
- Age related hearing loss
- Hearing loss in veterans
- Ethnicity and hearing loss