Americans with Disabilities Act: Protecting and Accommodating Special Populations - Part 2 (NA1716B)
Author(s): Patsy Barnes, RN, BA
Pre-Approved for: ABVE, ACM, CA BRN, CCM, CDMS, CE Broker Provider, CLCP, COHN/COHN-S, COPS-KT, CRCC, CRRN, CVE, Delaware BON, MSCC, RNs
Credit Hours: 8
CCM Credit Hours: 5
This course is online. All course material is available online and is accessible immediately after purchase from your account homepage. Certificate of Completion is available immediately upon passing the exam.
- Describe the protections under the law and those whom the law protects
- Define what constitutes a "reasonable accommodation"
- Explain what exceptions exist in the ADA law.
- List those "special populations" protected under the ADA and some "reasonable accommodations" for those special disabilities.
- Overview and History of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Special Populations
c. Blindness & Visual Impairment
h. Other considerations/dress code