Burns: Assessment, Rehab and Healing (NL0515)
Pre-Approved for: ABVE, ACM, CA BRN, CCM, CE Broker Provider, CNLCP, COHN/COHN-S, COPS-KT, CRCC, CRRN, CVE, CVRP, Delaware BON, GA-SBWC, RNs, VRA-Canada
Credit Hours: 10
CCM Credit Hours: 6
This course is online. All course material is available online and is accessible immediately after purchase from your account homepage. Certificate of Completion is available immediately upon passing the exam.
- Burn Incidence and Treatment in the United States: 2015
- Burns and Traumatic Injury
- Burns: World Health Organization Fact Sheet
- National Cancer Institute: Anatomy of the Skin
- Common Causes of Burn Injuries
- Burns: Nutritional Considerations
- Energy and Macro-nutrient Support
- Micro-nutrient Support
- What to Tell the Family
- Types of Skin Burn Grafts
- Review of Current Research on Skin Grafts
- Burns: Scar Treatment and Life Care Planning
- Adjunctive hyperbaric oxygen therapy in the treatment of thermal burns
- Rehabilitation of the burn patient
- Psychosocial Care of Persons with Burn Injuries
- Psychological Distress after Burn Injury
- Understanding and Improving Body Image after Burn Injury
- Accommodation and Compliance: Employees with Burn Injuries
- Discuss the Incidence and Treatment of Burns: Yesterday - Today - Tomorrow.
a.) The anatomy of the skin
b.) Common causes of burn injuries
c.) Nutrition support as a component of burn care
d.) Types of skin grafts
e.) Scar treatment
f.) Areas of concentration of life care planning for burn patients.
- Review adjunctive hyperbaric oxygen therapy in the treatment of thermal burns.
- Explain rehabilitation of the burn patient.
- Describe the psychosocial care of persons with burn injuries.
- Discuss questions/issues to consider when accommodating employees with burn injuries.