Burns: Assessment, Rehab and Healing (NL0515)
Pre-Approved for: ABVE, ACM, CA BRN, CCM, CE Broker Provider, CNLCP, COHN/COHN-S, COPS-KT, CRCC, CRRN, CVE, CVRP, Delaware BON, GA-SBWC, RNs, VRA-Canada
Credit Hours: 10
***Please Note*** Due to recent changes by CCMC regarding how they assign CE hours for self-study coursework,
many courses will renew at reduced credit for CCMs.
CEU hours will remain the same for all non-CCM certificates.
This course is online. All course material is available online and is accessible immediately after purchase from your account homepage. Certificate of Completion is available immediately upon passing the exam.
- Discuss the Incidence and Treatment of Burns: Yesterday - Today - Tomorrow
1.) The anatomy of the skin
2.) Common causes of burn injuries
3.) Nutrition support as a component of burn care
4.) Types of Skin Grafts
5.) Scar Treatment, and
6.) Areas of Concentration of Life Care Planning for Burn Patients
- Review adjunctive hyperbaric oxygen therapy in the treatment of thermal burns
- Explain Rehabilitation of the burn patient
- Describe the Psychosocial care of persons with Burn Injuries
- Discuss questions/issues to consider when accommodating employees with burn injuries