CLCP Training Module 1 - Foundation of Life Care Planning (CL1001)
Author(s): Dana M. Weldon MS CRC RRP CLCP CCLCP and Allyson R. Weldon BHSc, MScOT, OT Reg. (Ont), CCLCP
Pre-Approved for: CLCP
Credit Hours: 18
This course is online. All course material is available online and is accessible immediately after purchase from your account homepage. Certificate of Completion is available immediately upon passing the exam.
At the conclusion of this module, participants will be able to define a life care plan, be familiar with the basic tenets of life care planning and understand the process. Participants will be able to demonstrate the benefits of preparing a Life Care Plan, identify the categories needed in a life care plan, based on life care planning foundation and methodology. Participants will be able to analyze and discern research articles that have merit.
- Welcome and introduction to the AAACEUs Life Care Planning Program
- History of Life Care Planning
- Definition of Life Care Plan
- Life Care Planning Overview
- What is included in a Life Care Plan?
- Elements of the Plan - What is a Life Care Plan?
- Why is a plan needed? Who hires Life Care Planners?
- Special Needs Trusts
- Medical Cost Projections
- Basic Tenets of Life Care Planning
- Suggested steps for the Life Care Planner
- Life Care Planning Methodology
- Life Care Planning Foundation
- How to Critique Research Articles
- Collateral Sources
- Life Care Plan Checklist
- Next steps