From Crisis to Care: Building from 988 and Beyond for Better Mental Health Outcomes – Part 1 (2022 Compendium) (MH2300)
Author(s): Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
Pre-Approved for: CA BRN, CCAPP, CE Broker Provider, CRRN, Delaware BON, FCB, MCBAP-Related, MSCC, NAADAC, RNs
Credit Hours: 10
This course is online. All course material is available online and is accessible immediately after purchase from your account homepage. Certificate of Completion is available immediately upon passing the exam.
This course is the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) From Crisis to Care Compendium: Numbers 1 and 2 of A Series of 10 Technical Assistance Briefs.
A longstanding collaboration between the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) and the National Association of State Mental Health Program Directors (NASMHPD) produced this series with this course section focusing on the advent of 988 and changing trends in psychiatric care settings.
****CCAPP STUDENTS - PLEASE READ
- Please note any course over 8 CEUs/Contact Hours/Hours, must be completed over a 72 hour (or more) time period. Your course start date is the date of purchase, and your completion date is when you have passed your test. For example, 'Completed 7/1/2023 - 7/6/2023'
- Recognize the onset of new strategies such as the 988 transition for behavioral health emergencies to improve actions for crisis response.
- Analyze the seven key elements that are necessary to move the behavioral health system toward the vision of a sustained and robust continuum.
- Review the historical data to comprehend the journey from institutional methods to person-centered approaches.
- Understand challenging barriers to accessing appropriate mental health care and the steps being taken to provide clients with the treatment they need.
- Utilize the data provided to address areas for improvement in providing individual care options and allowance for mental health services to be available for those seeking help.
- Table of Contents for Complete Compendium
- Paper No. 1 - From Crisis to Care: Building from 988 and Beyond for Better Mental Health Outcomes
- Review of Seven Key Elements
- Paper No. 2 - Trends in Psychiatric Inpatient Capacity, United States and Each State, 1970 to 2018