Return to Work: Post Brain Injury (NL0213)
Pre-Approved for: ABVE, CA BRN, CCM, CDMS, CE Broker Provider, CRC, CVRP, Delaware BON, GA-SBWC, VRA-Canada
Credit Hours: 8
This course is online. All course material is available online and is accessible immediately after purchase from your account homepage. Certificate of Completion is available immediately upon passing the exam.
- Article 1: The Brain Injury Handbook -- An Introductory Guide to Understanding Brain Injury for Vocational Rehabiliation Professionals
- Article 2: Returning to Work After Brain Injury -- A Strategy Guide for Job Coaches
- Article 3: Beyond Yellow Ribbons: Are Employers Prepared to Hire, Accomodate and Retrain Returning Veterans with Disabilities?
1.) How the brain functions
2.) The three types of brain injury: diffuse axonal brain injury, concussive damage and primary damage i.e. closed head injury
3.) The nature and consequences of brain injury i.e. cognitive, behavioral/emotional, and physical issues
4.) The role and features of cognitive rehabilitation
5.) The vocational rehabilitation process for brain injured patients
- Implement strategies and resources that are beneficial in assisting brain injured patient return to work
- Explain why the signature disabilities of TBI and PTSD have a special dynamic in the workplace
- Describe employers' barriers to creating disability inclusive workplaces (knowledge, beliefs and practices/actions) and apply interventions appropriate for each type of barrier