Kentucky Shaken Baby Syndrome (KY1003)
Author(s): Patsy Barnes, RN, BA
Pre-Approved for: ACM, CA BRN, Delaware BON, Florida BON, KY BON, RNs
Credit Hours: 2
This course satisfies the Kentucky State requirement for Nurses. We will review shaken baby syndrome and discuss Kentucky state specifics.
This course is online. All course material is available online and is accessible immediately after purchase from your account homepage.
- Define head trauma, kinds of head trauma, signs and symptoms of Pediatric Head Trauma (PAHT)
- Describe the Law in Kentucky regarding abuse.
- Explain the procedure for reporting, exemptions and protections for reporting in Kentucky.
- List prevention and education programs for families provided in Kentucky.
- Physical Symptoms and Presentation
- Reporting of Child Abuse