Domestic Violence for Florida Nurses (FL1011)
Author(s): Patsy Barnes, RN, BA
Pre-Approved for: ACM, CA BRN, Delaware BON, Florida BON, RNs
Credit Hours: 2
This course satisfies the Florida State requirement for Nurses. We will define domestic violence and discuss Florida state specifics and the mandatory reporting requirements in Florida.
This course is online. All course material is available online and is accessible immediately after purchase from your account homepage.
- Define domestic violence, kinds of domestic violence, makeup of perpetrator and victim.
- Be familiar with the statistics of Florida domestic violence, as well as national statistics.
- Understand the mandated reporting in the state of Florida including children, vulnerable adults and adults in general.
- Be aware of the resources in the state of Florida for referrals for victims of domestic violence
- Describe the Healthcare implications of domestic violence including the costs to society and the healthcare system itself.
- Be familiar with some screening tools used for victims and perpetrators of domestic violence.
Table of Contents
2. TYPES OF ABUSE
3. DOMESTIC VIOLENCE AMONG OLDER ADULTS
4. DOMESTIC VIOLENCE IN DIVERSE CULTURAL AND ETHNIC GROUPS5. VIOLENCE AGAINST WOMEN
6. RISK FACTORS
- Introduction and Definitions
- Types of Abuse
- Reporting and resources
- Screening for Domestic Violence
- Domestic Violence Statistics