Autism Spectrum Disorder - Symptoms, Treatments, and Management (NA1710)
Author(s): Patsy Barnes, RN, BA
Pre-Approved for: ACM, CA BRN, CCM, CDMS, CE Broker Provider, CLCP, CNLCP, COHN/COHN-S, CRC, CRRN, CVRP, Delaware BON, RNs, VRA-Canada
Credit Hours: 6
***Please Note*** Due to recent changes by CCMC regarding how they assign CE hours for self-study coursework,
many courses will renew at reduced credit for CCMs.
CEU hours will remain the same for all non-CCM certificates.
CCM Renewal Date for this course is: 2/22/2021
This course is online. All course material is available online and is accessible immediately after purchase from your account homepage. Certificate of Completion is available immediately upon passing the exam.
This course will review the disease of Autism Spectrum Disorder as well as the diagnosis and treatment options, both conventional and CAM (Complementary and Alternative Medicine). There is a presentation of the difficult behaviors involved in ASD and recommendations for managing these behaviors, as well as the accommodations in accordance with the ADA law and Autism.
- Define the diseases of Autism Spectrum Disorder and common symptoms
- Describe methods of diagnosis for children as well as adults with ASD
- Compare and contrast traditional treatments and CAM (Complementary and Alternative Medicine) treatments for autism
- List common behaviors in ASD and methods of managing with aggressive behaviors
- Detail programs for patients with ASD and means of funding for such programs
- Review the current research ongoing in ASD
- Present the protections of the ADA law and autism and accommodations necessary
- Section 1. Overview of ASD, diagnosis, risk factors, and treatments
- Section 2. Challenging behaviors and methods to manage with those behaviors
- Section 3. Research in ASD - past and present
- Section 4. The ADA law as it applies to ASD and accommodations necessary for ASD