Substance Abuse Treatment For Adults in the Criminal Justice System (DA2080)
Author(s): US Dept of Health & Human Services
Pre-Approved for: ACM, CA BRN, CCAPP, CE Broker Provider, Delaware BON, FCB, MCBAP-Specific , NAADAC, RNs
Credit Hours: 22
This course is online. All course material is available online and is accessible immediately after purchase from your account homepage. Certificate of Completion is available immediately upon passing the exam.
The Treatment Improvement Protocol (TIP) series fulfills the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration’s (SAMHSA’s) mission to reduce the impact of substance abuse and mental illness on America’s communities by providing evidence-based and best practice guidance to clinicians, program administrators, and payers.
This TIP was developed to provide recommendations and best practice guidelines to counselors and administrators based on the research literature and the experience of seasoned treatment professionals. It covers the full range of criminal justice settings and all the phases through which an individual progresses in the criminal justice system.
The test for this course is based off of Chapters 1 – 11.
****CCAPP STUDENTS - PLEASE READ
I. What is a TIP?
II. Consensus Panel
III. KAP Expert Panel and Federal Government Participants
V. Executive Summary
VI. Chapter 1 – Introduction
VII. Chapter 2 – Screening and Assessment
VIII. Chapter 3 – Triage and Placement in Treatment Services
IX. Chapter 4 – Substance Abuse Treatment Planning
X. Chapter 5 – Major Treatment Issues and Approaches
XI. Chapter 6 – Adapting Offender Treatment for Specific Populations
XII. Chapter 7 – Treatment Issues in Pretrial and Diversion Settings
XIII. Chapter 8 – Treatment Issues Specific to Jails
XIV. Chapter 9 – Treatment Issues Specific to Prisons
XV. Chapter 10 – Treatment for Offenders Under Community Supervision
XVI. Chapter 11 – Key Issues Related to Program Development
Appendix A: Bibliography
Appendix B: Glossary
Appendix C: Screening and Assessment Instruments
Appendix D: Resource Panel
Appendix E: Cultural Competency and Diversity Network Participants
Appendix F: Special Consultants
Appendix G: Field Reviewers
Appendix H: Acknowledgements
CSAT TIPs and Publications
- Please note any course over 8 CEUs/Contact Hours/Hours, must be completed over a 72 hour (or more) time period. Your course start date is the date of purchase, and your completion date is when you have passed your test. For example, 'Completed 7/1/2022 - 7/6/2022'
- Assist the criminal justice system in meeting the challenged of working with offenders with substance use disorders and encourage the implementation of evidence-based clinical approaches to treatment
- Provide the relevant information that will inform and enable treatment providers to feel more confident in their approach to offender and ex-offender populations
- Encourage collaboration between the criminal justice and treatment communities
- Provide practical solutions and approaches to complex problems