Cannabidiol (CBD): What Healthcare Professionals Need to Know (NA1932)
Author(s): Patsy Barnes, RN, BA
Pre-Approved for: ACM, CA BRN, CCAPP, CCM, CDMS, CE Broker Provider, CLCP, CNLCP, COHN/COHN-S, COPS-KT, CRC, CRRN, CVRP, Delaware BON, MSCC, NAADAC, RNs, VRA-Canada
Credit Hours: 4
***Please Note*** Due to recent changes by CCMC regarding how they assign CE hours for self-study coursework,
many courses will renew at reduced credit for CCMs.
CEU hours will remain the same for all non-CCM certificates.
This course is online. All course material is available online and is accessible immediately after purchase from your account homepage. Certificate of Completion is available immediately upon passing the exam.
In this course, we will discuss Cannabidiol, commonly known as CBD. We will review what it is and what it is not, including it's historical medicinal uses. A review of current Pub Med research articles regarding CBD are presented. We will also look at current marketing trends regarding CBD and the potential challenges that creates for healthcare professionals. Finally, we will present some case studies highlight scenarios healthcare providers might find themselves in.
- Explain what CBD oil is and the difference between medical marijuana and CBD.
- Provide an explanation of the cannabinoid system.
- List benefits and risks regarding CBD oil
- Explain the recent research conclusions in a review of Pub Med articles
- Provide examples of the marketing regarding CBD oil
- Discuss cases that the healthcare provider might encounter regarding CBD oil
- What is CBD oil
- The endocannabinoid system
- History of CBD oil
- CBD oil research
- Marketing trends for CBD oil
- Potential cases involving healthcare professional and CBD oil