Hearing Loss (NA1936)
Author(s): Patsy Barnes, RN, BA
Pre-Approved for: CA BRN, CCM, CDMS, CE Broker Provider, CLCP, CNLCP, COHN/COHN-S, CRC, CRRN, CVRP, Delaware BON, MSCC, VRA-Canada
Credit Hours: 6
CCM Credit Hours: 4
This course is online. All course material is available online and is accessible immediately after purchase from your account homepage. Certificate of Completion is available immediately upon passing the exam.
- Describe hearing loss and the prevalence in society.
- List causes for hearing loss including diseases that predispose people to hearing loss.
- Explain the types of hearing loss and those diseases which can cause hearing loss.
- Discuss alternative ways of communication with those who suffer from hearing loss, as well as devices that can assist them.
- The different causes of hearing loss
- Types of hearing loss
- Alternative communication processes and assistive devices
- Department of Justice guide for communication for law officers
- A hearing loss toolkit