The Evolution of Case Management (MM1015)
Author(s): Elsevier USA
Pre-Approved for: ACM, CA BRN, CLCP, Delaware BON, RNs
Credit Hours: 4
This course will discuss the evolution of case management. We will focus on how changing healthcare settings and delivery models have impact the field of case management.
This course is online. All course material is available online and is accessible immediately after purchase from your account homepage.
- The Case Manager will be able to:
Discuss the major paradigm shifts that have unfolded in the decade of the 1990s
- Review the nonnegotiables of Moral Health Care
- Review the history and theory of various models of professional practice and institutional patient care systems
- Discuss the historical development of the case management concept
Chapter 1: Evolution of Nursing Case Management in a Changing Health Care System Outline
- Dynamics of the Care Climate
- Preserving the Past and Projecting the Future
- What is Nursing Case Management?
- Why Nursing Case Management?
- Restructured Reimbursement
- Current Issues in Nursing Case Management
Chapter 2: Historical Perspective of Nursing Care Delivery Models Within the Hospital Setting
- Evolution of Nursing Care
- Professional Practice and Alternative Patient Care Delivery Models
- Integrated Competencies of Nurses Model (ICON)
- Partners in Practice
- Contract and Group Practice Models
- Nursing Care Management
Chapter 3: Historical Development of Case Management
- Introduction of Case Management
- Social Case Management
- Primary Case Management
- Medical-Social Case Management
- Private Case Management
- Components of Case Management