Workers' Compensation Medicare Set-Aside Reference Guide V. 3.3 (MS7005)
Author(s): Department of Health and Human Services
Pre-Approved for: ACM, CA BRN, CCM, CDMS, CE Broker Provider, CRRN, Delaware BON, MSCC, RNs
Credit Hours: 10
CCM Credit Hours: 6
CDMS Credit Hours: 6
This course is online. All course material is available online and is accessible immediately after purchase from your account homepage. Certificate of Completion is available immediately upon passing the exam.
The following course is the Workers' Compensation Medicare Set-Aside Arrangement Reference Guide - Version 3.3. This guide was written to help you understand the process used by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) for approving proposed Workers' Compensation Medicare Set-Aside Arrangement (WCMSA) amounts and to serve as a reference for those choosing to submit such amounts to CMS for approval.
- Explain "What Are Workers' Compensation Medicare Set-Aside Arrangements?"
- List considerations for submitting a WCMSA proposal.
- Discuss the WCMSA submission process and variations in the process.
- Discuss the 10 WCRC medical review steps.
- Detail the information needed for WCMSA Submission.
- Discuss the process if circumstances change.
- About This Reference Guide
- Introduction to Workers' Compensation and Medicare
- What Are Workers' Compensation Medicare Set-Aside Arrangements?
- Should I Consider Submitting a WCMSA Proposal?
- WCMSA Funding Structures
- Who Can Help with the WCMSA Process?
- How is CMS Approval of a WCMSA Amount Obtained?
- Should CMS Review a WCMSA?
- WCMSA Submission Process Overview
- Information Needed for WCMSA Submission
- How do I submit a WCMSA?
- What Happens after a WCMSA Has Been Submitted?
- Sample Submission
- Tips for Improving Your WCMSA Review Process
- Review Process and Policies
- Account Set-Up and Administration
- CMS' Monitoring
- What Happens if Circumstances Change?