Hearing Loss: Employment Protections and Rights (NA2032)
Author(s): Patsy Barnes, RN, BA
Pre-Approved for: ACM, CA BRN, CCM, CDMS, CE Broker Provider, COHN/COHN-S, CRCC, CVRP, Delaware BON, VRA-Canada
Credit Hours: 6
CCM Credit Hours: 4
This course is online. All course material is available online and is accessible immediately after purchase from your account homepage. Certificate of Completion is available immediately upon passing the exam.
This course will focus on employment for those with hearing loss and the expectations of the employee and employer in the process. We will highlight the various protections guaranteed by the ADA including workplace accommodations. This course is intended to provide healthcare professionals with an easy and quick reference for employment and workplace considerations in regards to hearing loss. Included in this course is a variety of toolkits, checklists, and guidelines that act as reference.
- Describe the requirements of both employee and employer in the process of employment application for a person with hearing loss.
- List the protections in the ADA law for people with hearing loss and workplace accommodations.
- Present the requirements for disability under the Social Security Act and the method of applying for payment under the law for those with hearing loss.
- Detail OSHA rules and guidelines for protecting workers from hearing loss.
- Overview of hearing loss
- Employment and hearing loss
- ADA law and hearing loss with accommodations in the workplace
- Social Security Disability and hearing loss
- OSHA and hearing loss protection for workers