Truly Listen to Us - Recommendations for Health Professionals to Bolster Wellbeing of Nonbinary Individuals (NA2388)
Pre-Approved for: ACM, CA BRN, CCAPP, CE Broker Provider, Delaware BON, FCB, MCBAP-Related, NAADAC, RNs
Credit Hours: 4
This course is online. All course material is available online and is accessible immediately after purchase from your account homepage. Certificate of Completion is available immediately upon passing the exam.
This course is the International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health recommendations for promoting quality healthcare and overall well-being in transgender or nonbinary populations. This study identifies challenges to accessing appropriate care needs and encourages healthcare providers to use person-centered care approaches to better serve their local communities.
- Recognize the underrepresentation and barriers of healthcare services for transgender and nonbinary people.
- Develop care strategies to include nonbinary individuals, with broader access to appropriate care services provided by trained healthcare professionals.
- Educate healthcare professionals to respond to nonbinary individual care needs and offer appropriate services without bias or prejudice.
- Maximize communication skills and methods to provide useful resources to nonbinary people and create a welcoming facility setting.
- Monitor implemented practices for individual progress and listen to client feedback for enhancing program services.
- Materials and Methods