Smoking Cessation in Individuals with Mental Illness (DA2373)
Author(s): Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
Pre-Approved for: CA BRN, CCAPP, CE Broker Provider, Delaware BON, FCB, MCBAP-Specific , NAADAC, RNs
Credit Hours: 1
This course is online. All course material is available online and is accessible immediately after purchase from your account homepage. Certificate of Completion is available immediately upon passing the exam.
This course is a Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) guide for tobacco cessation treatment for those with a serious mental illness (SMI). It describes the necessary structural steps for success.
- Recognize the impact smoking has on individuals with mental illness.
- Describe the availability of tobacco cessation programs for those with SMI.
- Demonstrate the benefits of implementing a tobacco cessation program.
- Understand the 5 key steps in tobacco cessation treatment.
- Illustrate a more positive lifestyle.
- Overview of the Problem
- Adverse Impact of Tobacco Use on Mental Health
- Benefits of Providing Tobacco Cessation Interventions
- Implementation of Tobacco Cessation Treatment
- Implementation of a Tobacco-Free Environment