PTSD Part 1: Assessment and Treatment (NL0716A)
Author(s): US Dept of Health & Human Services
Pre-Approved for: ABVE, ACM, CA BRN, CCAPP, CE Broker Provider, CLCP, COHN/COHN-S, COPS-KT, CRCC, CRRN, CVRP, Delaware BON, FCB, MCBAP-Related, NAADAC, RNs
Credit Hours: 15
This course is online. All course material is available online and is accessible immediately after purchase from your account homepage. Certificate of Completion is available immediately upon passing the exam.
This course discusses PTSD, specifically assessment and diagnostic criteria. We will also present the different phases, types, symptoms, and risk and resilience factors of PTSD. ****CCAPP STUDENTS - PLEASE READ
- Please note any course over 8 CEUs/Contact Hours/Hours, must be completed over a 72 hour (or more) time period. Your course start date is the date of purchase, and your completion date is when you have passed your test. For example, 'Completed 7/1/2023 - 7/6/2023'
- Describe the DMS-5 Diagnostic Criteria for PTSD.
- Discuss the phases, types, symptoms, risk, and resilience factors of PTSD.
- Explain assessment modalities for PTSD as it relates to:
1. Healthcare providers
2. Older adults
3. The risk of violence, anger and aggression
4. Functional impairment
- Describe the following treatment modalities for PTSD:
-- Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT),
-- Eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR),
-- Exposure therapy, and
-- Group Therapy
- Describe the treatment of sleep disturbances in PTSD.
A. DSM-5 Diagnostic Criteria for PTSD
D. Symptoms of PTSD
E. Phases, types, risk and resilience factors of traumatic stress
A. FAQs about PTSD Assessment: for Professionals
B. Screening and referral: For Health Care Providers
C. Assessment and Treatment in Older Adults
D. Clinician Administered PTSD Scale for DMS-5 (CAPS-5)
E. Assessing Risk of Violence in individuals with PTSD
F. Assessment of PTSD related functional impairment
G. Assessing posttraumatic stress related impairment and well-being: The Posttruamatic Stress Related Functioning Inventory (PRFI).
H. PTSD Self Assessment Test
I Assessment and treatment of posttraumatic anger and aggression.
- TREATMENT MODALITIES - Traditional Modalities
A. Pharmacotherapy - Review with Clinical Applications
B. The Role of Benzodiazepines
C. Review of exposure therapy: A gold standard for PTSD treatment
D. Treatment of sleep disturbances in posttraumatic stress disorder