PTSD Part 2: Alternative Treatment (NL0716B)
Author(s): US Dept of Health & Human Services
Pre-Approved for: ABVE, CA BRN, CCAPP, CE Broker Provider, COPS-KT, CRRN, CVRP, Delaware BON, FCB, NAADAC, RNs, VRA-Canada
Credit Hours: 8
This course is online. All course material is available online and is accessible immediately after purchase from your account homepage. Certificate of Completion is available immediately upon passing the exam.
This course discusses PTSD, specifically the varying types of treatment and management options available. We will also discuss community and cross-cultural issues.
Course will no longer be approved for CRCC on 9/19/2023. Please call customer service at 1-866-850-5999 if you need a replacement course.
- Describe the DSM-5 changes to the diagnostic criteria for PTSD and Acute Stress Disorder.
- Explain the use and benefits of Complementary and Alternative Medicine in the management of PTSD.
- Describe how the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) applies to service animals.
- Discuss how trauma affects personal relationships and entire communities.
- Explain the cross-cultural barriers to Mental Health Services.
- Discuss the impact of PTSD on employees and employers.
- DSM-5 Diagnostic Criteria for PTSD Released
- Complimentary and Alternative Medicine for PTSD
- Complementary and Alternative Medicine for Treatment of PTSD
- Yale Study - Marijuana Use for Treatment of PTSD
- Service Dogs and PTSD
- FAQs - Service Animals and ADA
- Symptoms Self-Help and Treatment of PTSD
- Marijuana Use and PTSD among Veterans
- Community Violence
- Police Brutality and PTSD: Is There a Connection?
- Relationships and PTSD