PTSD Part 2: Alternative Treatment (NL0716B)
Author(s): US Dept of Health & Human Services
Pre-Approved for: ABVE, ACM, CA BRN, CCM, CDMS, CLCP, CNLCP, COHN/COHN-S, COPS-KT, CRC, CVRP, Delaware BON, Florida BON, MSCC, RNs, RRP
Credit Hours: 8
This course discusses PTSD, specifically the varying types of treatment and management options available. We will also discuss community and cross-cultural issues.
This course is online. All course material is available online and is accessible immediately after purchase from your account homepage.
- Describe the DSM-5 changes to the diagnostic criteria for PTSD and Acute Stress Disorder
- Explain the use and benefits of Complementary and Alternative Medicine in the management of PTSD
- Describe how the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) applies to service animals.
- Discuss how trauma affects personal relationships and entire communities.
- Explain the cross-cultural barriers to Mental Health Services.
- Discuss the impact of PTSD on employees and employers.
- DSM-5 Diagnostic Criteria for PTSD Released
- Complimentary and Alternative Medicine for PTSD
- Complementary and Alternative Medicine for Treatment of PTSD
- Yale Study - Marijuana Use for Treatment of PTSD
- Service Dogs and PTSD
- FAQs - Service Animals and ADA
- Symptoms Self-Help and Treatment of PTSD
- Marijuana Use and PTSD among Veterans
- Community Violence
- Police Brutality and PTSD: Is There a Connection?
- Relationships and PTSD