Back Pain Fundamentals (NA1730)
Author(s): Patsy Barnes, RN, BA
Pre-Approved for: ABVE, ACM, CA BRN, CCM, CDMS, CE Broker Provider, CLCP, CNLCP, COHN/COHN-S, COPS-KT, CRC, CRRN, CVE, CVRP, Delaware BON, MSCC, RNs, VRA-Canada
Credit Hours: 6
This course is online. All course material is available online and is accessible immediately after purchase from your account homepage. Certificate of Completion is available immediately upon passing the exam.
In this course we will discuss basic anatomy of the back while presenting the
student with an overview of the common causes of back pain and injury. We will
then review commonly found treatments, both conventional and complementary
& alternative medicine (CAM). There is a presentation of the difficulties, as well as the benefits, of
opioid treatment for back pain. This course also covers back injuries
under the American with Disabilities Act, including standard accommodations. We
will also introduce several preventative methods for back injuries and pain.
- List the basic structures of the back, common causes and risk factors of back pain.
- List common treatments, both conventional and complementary and alternative medicine (CAM).
- Describe the disease and diagnosis of spinal stenosis as well as identifying treatments, both conventional and CAM.
- Discuss the benefits and difficulties of opioid treatment for back pain.
- Compare and contrast chiropractic treatment for back pain.
- Detail risk factors in the workplace for back pain and some ergonomic ways to prevent such injuries.
- Relate how the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) covers those with back pain and accommodations that can be made for compliance.
- Overview of Back Pain
- Spinal Stenosis: Questions and Answers
- Back Pain Treatment
- Chiropractic Treatment
- Medication for Back Pain
- Benefits and Difficulties of Opioid Treatment
- Risk Factors in the Workplace
- Americans with Disabilities Act