Workers' Compensation Medicare Set-Aside Reference Guide v. 2.6 (MS7002)
Author(s): Department of Health and Human Services
Pre-Approved for: ACM, CA BRN, CCM, CDMS, CLCP, CNLCP, COHN/COHN-S, CRC, CRRN, Delaware BON, Florida BON, MSCC, RNs
Credit Hours: 10
This course is online. All course material is available online and is accessible immediately after purchase from your account homepage.
The following course is the Workers' Compensation Medicare Set-Aside Arrangement Reference Guide - Version 2.6. This guide was written to help you understand the process used by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) for approving proposed Workers' Compensation Medicare Set-Aside Arrangement (WCMSA) amounts and to serve as a reference for those choosing to submit such amounts to CMS for approval.
- Workers' Compensation Medicare Set-Aside Arrangement Reference Guide - Version 2.6
- Explain the WCMSA submission process, variations in the process and identify the information needed for approval
- Discuss the 10 WCRC medical review steps
- About This Reference Guide
- Introduction to Workers' Compensation and Medicare
- What Are Workers' Compensation Medicare Set-Aside Arrangements?
- Should I Consider Submitting a WCMSA Proposal?
- WCMSA Funding Structures
- Who Can Help with the WCMSA Process?
- How is CMS Approval of a WCMSA Amount Obtained?
- Should CMS Review a WCMSA?
- WCMSA Submission Process Overview
- Information Needed for WCMSA Submission
- How do I submit a WCMSA?
- What Happens after a WCMSA Has Been Submitted?
- Sample Submission
- Tips for Improving Your WCMSA Review Process
- Review Process and Policies
- Account Set-Up and Administration
- CMS' Monitoring
- What Happens if Circumstances Change?