Author(s): US Dept of Health & Human Services
Pre-Approved for: ACM, CA BRN, CE Broker Provider #, CLCP, Delaware BON, RNs
Credit Hours: 4
This course is online. All course material is available online and is accessible immediately after purchase from your account homepage.
In this course, we discuss preparedness and prevention activities for terrorist-caused outbreaks and injuries. We will review the recommended notification procedures for local/state public health department leaders in the event of a bioterrorist incident.
Satisfies the NV State RN requirement for Bioterrorism.
- Identify the diseases/conditions that health care providers must report immediately to the local health department
- Discuss preparedness and prevention activities for terrorist-caused outbreaks and injuries
- Identify four resources for reporting any "intentional biological threat"
- Explain the recommended notification procedures for local/state public health department leaders in the event of a bioterrorist incident
- Introduction and FAQs
- Frequently Asked Questions on Biological Agents
- Other FAQs: Preparedness and Response
- Vulnerability to Biological and Chemical Terrorism
- Overt vs. Covert Terrorist Attacks
- Focusing Preparedness Activites
- Key focus areas
- Partnerships and implementation
- Recommendations for the selection and use of protective clothing and respirators against biological agents
- Bioterrorism readiness
- Suggestions for bioterrorism readiness planning
- General categorical recommendations for any suspected bioterrorism event
- Triage and management of large scale exposures and suspected exposures
- Psychological aspects of bioterrorism
- Obtaining diagnostic samples
- Laboratory criteria for processing potential bioterrorism agents