Job Stress/Burnout (CO1302)
Author(s): Adriana Macias
Pre-Approved for: CA BRN, CE Broker Provider, Delaware BON
Credit Hours: 6
This course is online. All course material is available online and is accessible immediately after purchase from your account homepage. Certificate of Completion is available immediately upon passing the exam.
This course will discuss stress and burnout. We will present the stress processing model, providing tips on identifying symptoms, causes, and effects of job-related stress and burnout.
Part 1: Job Stress / Burnout
B. Statistics on Job Related Stress
C. What is Stress?
D. The Stress Process
E. Risk Factors
F. Incidents that Lead to Stress
G. Medical Disorders that May be Mistaken as
H. Common Signs and Symptoms of Stress
I. Six Myths
J. Types of Stress
- Episodic acute stress
L. Normalizing Stress
M. Understanding Optimum Stress
N. Stress and Performance
Part 2: Job Stress / Burnout
B. Classic Symptoms of Job Stress / Burnout
- Causes of burnout
- Results of stress / burnout
- Timeline for changes
- 10 Steps toward managing job stress
- Step 1: Identify your symptoms of job stress/burnout
- Step 2: Identify the sources of your job stress
- Lack of control
- Information gap
- Cause and effect
- Blocked career
- Value Conflict
- Step 3: Identify how you respond to your specific job stressors
- Step 4: Set goals to respond more effectively to your job stressors
- Step 5: Motivate yourself
- Step 6: Change your thinking
- Step 7: Deal with your supervisor, boss, co-worker or family member that is causing you stress.
- Step 8: When in conflict, negotiate
- Step 9: Pace and balance yourself
- Step 10: Know when to Quit
- Discuss the stress processing model.
- Identify the symptoms, causes and effects of job/stress burnout.
- Identify processes for reducing symptoms of stress/burnout