Clinical Guidelines for Assessment and Management of Patients at Risk of Suicide (NA1740)
Author(s): Department of Veterans Affairs - Department of Defense
Pre-Approved for: ACM, CA BRN, CCAPP, CCM, CDMS, CE Broker Provider, CLCP, CNLCP, COHN/COHN-S, CRC, CRRN, CVE, CVRP, Delaware BON, MCBAP-Related, NAADAC, RNs, RRP
Credit Hours: 18
This course is online. All course material is available online and is accessible immediately after purchase from your account homepage.
This course is the Department of Veterans Affairs and Department of Defense’s Clinical Practice Guideline for Assessment and Management of Patients at Risk of Suicide. This guideline is designed to address the key principles of identification, management, rehabilitation and clinical care for patients at risk for suicide.
****CCAPP STUDENTS - PLEASE READ
- Please note any course over 10 CEUs/Contact Hours/Hours, must be completed over a 72 hour (or more) time period. Your certificate of completion will reflect the amount of time you took to complete and pass the course. For example, 'Completed 7/1/2018 - 7/6/2018'
- To promote evidence-based management of patients presenting with Suicidal Self-Directed Violence behavior
- To promote efficient and effective assessment of patients' risks
- To identify efficacious intervention to prevent death in individuals presenting with Suicidal Self Directed Violence behavior
- To identify the critical decision points in management of patients at risk for Suicidal Self-Directed Violence
- To promote evidence-based management of individuals with (post-deployment) health concerns and behaviors related to Suicidal Self-Directed Violence
- To inform local policies or procedures, such as those regarding referrals to or consultation with specialists
- To motivate administrators at each of the Federal agencies and patient care access sites to develop innovative plans to break down barriers that may prevent patients from having prompt access to appropriate assessment and care.
- Introduction and Background
A. Assessment and Management of Risk for Suicide in Primary Care
B. Evaluation and Management of Risk for Suicide by Behavioral Health Professionals
C. Management of Patient at High Acute Risk for Suicide
- Module A: Assessment and Determination of Risk for Suicide
- Module B: Initial Management of Patient at Risk for Suicide
- Module C: Treatment of the Patient at Risk for Suicide
- Module D: Follow-up and Monitoring of Patient at Risk for Suicide