Clinical Practice Guidelines for the Management of Concussion - Mild Traumatic Brain Injury v. 2.0 (NA1743)
Author(s): Department of Veterans Affairs - Department of Defense
Pre-Approved for: ABVE, ACM, CA BRN, CCM, CDMS, CE Broker Provider, CLCP, COHN/COHN-S, COPS-KT, CRCC, CRRN, CVE, CVRP, Delaware BON, RNs, VRA-Canada
Credit Hours: 12
***Please Note*** Due to recent changes by CCMC regarding how they assign CE hours for self-study coursework,
many courses will renew at reduced credit for CCMs.
CEU hours will remain the same for all non-CCM certificates.
This course is online. All course material is available online and is accessible immediately after purchase from your account homepage. Certificate of Completion is available immediately upon passing the exam.
This course is based off of the Department of Veterans Affairs and Department of Defense’s Clinical Practice Guideline for the Management of Concussion - Mild Traumatic Brain Injury v. 2.0. This guideline provides evidence-based information on the management of patients with a history of mTBI. This CPG provides guidelines for the care of patients with a history of mTBI.
- Assess the patient's condition and determine the best treatment method
- Optimize the clinical management to improve symptoms and functioning, adherence to treatment, recovery, well-being, and quality of life outcomes
- Minimize preventable complications and morbidity
- Emphasize the use of patient-centered care
- Section 1: Introduction
- Section 2: Background
- Section 3: About this Clinical Practice Guideline
- Section 4: Guideline Working Group
- Section 5: Algorithms
- Section 6: Recommendations
- Section 7: Knowledge Gaps and Recommended Research
- Appendix A: Guideline Development Methodology
- Appendix B: Clinical Symptom Management
- Appendix C: Mechanism of Injury
- Appendix D: Evidence Table
- Appendix E: 2009 Recommendation Categorization
- Appendix F: Participants List
- Appendix G: Acronym List