Clinical Practice Guidelines for the Management of Major Depressive Disorder (NA1744)
Author(s): Department of Veterans Affairs - Department of Defense
Pre-Approved for: ACM, CA BRN, CCAPP, CCM, CDMS, CE Broker Provider, CLCP, COHN/COHN-S, CRC, CRRN, CVRP, Delaware BON, MCBAP-Related, MSCC, NAADAC, RNs, VRA-Canada
Credit Hours: 14
This course is online. All course material is available online and is accessible immediately after purchase from your account homepage. Certificate of Completion is available immediately upon passing the exam.
This course is based off of the Department of Veterans Affairs and Department of Defense’s Clinical Practice Guideline for the Management of Major Depressive Disorder. It is intended to assist healthcare providers in all aspects of patient care including, but not limited to, diagnosis, treatment, and follow-up.
The system-wide goal of evidence-based guidelines is to improve the patient’s health and wellbeing by guiding health providers who are taking care of patients with MDD along the management pathways that are supported by evidence.****CCAPP STUDENTS - PLEASE READ
- Please note any course over 10 CEUs/Contact Hours/Hours, must be completed over a 72 hour (or more) time period. Your certificate of completion will reflect the amount of time you took to complete and pass the course. For example, 'Completed 7/1/2018 - 7/6/2018'
- Assess the patient's condition and determine the best treatment method
- Optimize the use of therapy to improve symptoms and functioning, treatment of the condition's acute phase, prevent relapse, and improve both health and quality of life outcomes
- Minimize preventable complications and morbidity
- Emphasize the use of patient-centered care
- Scope of the Guideline
- About this Clinical Practice Guideline
- Guideline Working Group
- Appendix A: Evidence Review Methodology
Appendix B: Quick Guide to the Patient Health Questionnaire
Appendix C: Pharmacotherapy
Appendix D: Definitions
Appendix E: Evidence Table
Appendix F: 2009 Recommendation Categorization
Appendix G: Participant List
Appendix H: Abbreviation List