Texas Nursing Jurisprudence and Ethics (TX1011)
Author(s): Patsy Barnes, RN, BA
Pre-Approved for: ACM, CA BRN, CE Broker Provider, Delaware BON
Credit Hours: 2
This course is online. All course material is available online and is accessible immediately after purchase from your account homepage. Certificate of Completion is available immediately upon passing the exam.
This course will review the Texas Nursing Practice Act, Texas BON Rules, Texas BON Position Statements, principles of nursing ethics, and professional boundaries. Included is an overview of nursing ethics and an ethical decision making tool for students, as well as delegation rules and templates put forth by the Texas BON to assist nurses practicing in that state.
- List the mission of the Texas Board of Nursing and mechanisms to fullfil that mission
- Identify the levels of nursing and their scope of practice in the state of Texas
- List the topics included in the BON position statements
- Differentiate between ethical and legal practice
- Demonstrate the use of an ethical decision-making tool for nurses
- Describe professional boundaries as related to the nursing profession
- Explain the multiple behaviors that can result in disciplinary action against nurses in the state of Texas