Human Trafficking: Risk Factors, Assessment Tools, and Reporting (HT2011)
Author(s): Patsy Barnes, RN, BA
Pre-Approved for: CA BRN, CE Broker Provider, Delaware BON, RNs
Credit Hours: 2
This course is online. All course material is available online and is accessible immediately after purchase from your account homepage. Certificate of Completion is available immediately upon passing the exam.
- Discuss the different types of human trafficking and the difference between human trafficking and smuggling.
- Quote statistics about human trafficking both globally and in the United States.
- List factors that put persons at risk for being trafficked and those red flag warnings that medical professionals must be alert to for recognizing victims.
- Explain the various assessment tools available to healthcare professionals to assist in the recognition and assistance of human trafficking victims.
- State the federal programs for discovering and interfering with the process of human trafficking along with the 24 hour hotlines for reporting human trafficking activity.
- Explain resources for those victims who wish to change their situation.
- Types of human trafficking
- Statistics of human trafficking both globally and nationally
- Risk factors for persons in human trafficking
- Warning signs for healthcare professionals
- Assessment tools for recognition of victims of human trafficking
- Federal programs for ending human trafficking including 24 hour hotlines for reporting human trafficking activity
- Reporting, referrals, and resources for victims of human trafficking