2021 Cultural Competency (CU2021)
Author(s): Patsy Barnes, RN, BA
Pre-Approved for: ACM, CA BRN, CCAPP, CCM, CDMS, CE Broker Provider, CLCP, CNLCP, COHN/COHN-S, COPS-KT, CRCC, CVRP, Delaware BON, FCB, MCBAP-Related, MSCC, NAADAC, RNs, VRA-Canada
Credit Hours: 2
This course is online. All course material is available online and is accessible immediately after purchase from your account homepage. Certificate of Completion is available immediately upon passing the exam.
- Explain what cultural respect and cultural competence is and how it is important to healthcare providers.
- Present the National Standards for Culturally and Linguistically Appropriate Services standards and their use in healthcare.
- Discuss healthcare disparities in the United States and how healthcare providers can improve these.
- Present a process for developing cultural competence
- List some CAM practices specific to cultural competence
- Explain patient centered care process
- Overview of cultural respect and competence
- National Standards for Culturally and Linguistically Appropriate Services in Health and Health Care
- Process for developing cultural competence
- Healthcare disparity
- Complimentary and alternative medicine practices
- Patient centered care model